Colon Cancer Screening Program
Direct Access Colonoscopy
Colon cancer is one of the leading causes of death in the United States, but also can be easily preventable with appropriate screening. A colonoscopy is a covered benefit of all insurances. If you have private insurance (PPO) you can call us directly for your appointment. With PPO insurance there is no need for a referral from your primary care physician. Even if you don’t have insurance you should still inquire about a colonoscopy. The cost of preventing colon cancer is not as expensive as you would think. More importantly, your health is not something to place a price on. Please complete the online form requesting more information. Health insurance is not required to have a consultation with our physicians or to have a colonoscopy. We offer cash pricing for all our services. Don’t delay or put off having a colonoscopy simply because of lack of insurance. We are here to assist you in any way possible.
- We have the most advanced colon cancer screening program in the greater Los Angeles area. All our endoscopic equipment is state of the art and high definition which means we can identify small polyps earlier. We can even identify flat polyps using a technique called narrow band imaging. From strictly a volume of cases standpoint, our group performs more colonoscopies than any other group. We have calculated our polyp detection rate and once again we have the highest rate. We offer direct access to your screening colonoscopy with minimum downtime. We can schedule your appointment directly over the phone or the internet. You are then mailed or emailed your prescription and instructions. With this special program, you only miss one day of work (the day of the procedure). The next day you are back to work. This unique program ensures that you are back at work the very next day after your colonoscopy. Your total time off from work is exactly one day…the day of the procedure itself.
- You are required to have a ride to and from the ASC because you will be receiving sedation medication and driving is not permitted after the procedure. You will be awake and alert when you leave the ASC.
- The Direct Access Colonoscopy Advantages
- Saves Your Time : You only miss 1 day of work
- Performed at an outpatient surgery center: you’re in and out in 2-3 hours
- Expedited pathway: Back to work the same or next day
- Flexible scheduling: we have the dates and times that will work for you
Book Direct Access Colonoscopy
- Complete the online registration form or Submit Online Inquiry Form
- Upload your insurance card, and driver’s license
- You will receive a confirmation in the mail or email with the date and time of your procedure
- Fill your colon cleanse prescription
- Plan to take the day of your procedure off from work
- Arrange a ride to and from the surgery center
What to Expect on the Day of Procedure
- Arrive at the ambulatory surgery center
- Admission – Check In and complete the registration process
- Meet your doctor and team (nurse and anesthesiologist)
- Go into the room for your procedure
- Wake up from the procedure
- Discharge home with your driver