About Our Practice
Unparalleled Clinical Experience, Training, and Knowledge
- Our distinguished gastroenterologists have received the highest honors from the American College of Physicians and American College of Gastroenterology.
- Fellowship is an honor bestowed by the American College of Physicians and American College of Gastroenterology in recognition of significant professional achievement and superior competence within the field of gastroenterology. To be advanced to a Fellow, a Proposal and endorsement by two Fellows of the College is required. Current uninterrupted membership or international membership in the College for a period of no less than three years. During this time, demonstration of scholarly activities including: continuing education experience, professional leadership and excellence in the fields of clinical practice and/or academic medicine.
- Sometimes, more is better (We do more) – We do more endoscopic procedures and patient consultations than any other gastroenterology group in our area.
- Teamwork and Collaboration -We work closely with the referring and primary care physicians to ensure that our patients have the best possible outcomes.
- Advanced and Specialized – We off the most advanced and specialized approach to even the most common gastrointestinal problems. We are willing to try a new approach to managing your condition.
- Cancer Care – Collaboration with primary physicians, surgeons, and radiation oncologists ensures that you receive the best possible treatment and outcome.
- Ease of Communication -Our office staff is accessible and easy to communicate with. Customer service and satisfaction is of primary importance. Our office utilizes the latest methods of communication including: email, online chat, and online appointment booking all with the goal of allowing you to communicate and book appointments with privacy and at your convenience.
- We Are Local – Our offices are located right here in the San Fernando Valley. There is no need to travel to major academic institution to receive excellent care. Academic centers such as UCLA Medical Center and Cedars-Sinai have their advantages in certain complex clinical cases, but there are and disadvantages as well.
Major disadvantages are:
- Paying for gas and driving long distances to appointments
- Paying for parking
- Navigating through mazes of buildings to find the doctor’s office
In certain complex clinical cases, these larger institutions may provide an advantage. In these instances we will refer you to these centers for a second opinion or for further care.
- Compassion and Caring – From the moment you contact us, we will ensure that you receive your care and treatment in the most compassionate way. We take the time to understand your concerns and attempt to answer all your questions.
- Meticulous and Skilled – Our physicians are detail orientated and will relentlessly investigate, image, and scope to make an accurate diagnosis and begin treatment as soon as possible. We have all the latest technology at our disposal.
- Trust and Confidence – Our physicians know that you place your trust in us when you have a consultation or an endoscopic procedure. We value this trust and recognize that your health and well-being are our primary concern. This is why we want you to know that our recommendations are based on the most current standards of care.
1-888-49-COLONChat with our Receptionist Schedule online EMAIL YOUR REQUEST
More ways to schedule appointment
I'm glad I was able to find someone like Dr. Desai using this site. I was looking for someone who specialized in this field and I'm glad that this website was able to help me locate him with ease.